Sunday, September 7, 2014



                             Reflex Action.  

The other day I came across a post shared by one of my south Indian friend which says ‘ When you appreciate and thank your mom for the idli (Food) that she serves then she showers you with more idli as a token of love“
That’s so true!!
After reading his post all the episodes started flashing in my mind of the past like the time I appreciated mom for her delicacies and her vociferous reaction of refilling my bowl in return. The post was really thoughtful and I could not agree more with it. Moms are indeed of the rare breed who believes in unconditional giving. 
However, for some unknown reason it kept lingering in mind and I tried to experiment its validity in other cases as well. 
So I started appreciating and acknowledging the good qualities of people who were part of my life yet whom I never noticed. 
For example the security guard of the office who checks my purse every day before I enter into the premises. On the lighter note when I appreciated her she did not shower me with more frisking but smiled in return.
"Smile, hmmm. Not bad. In fact better than more frisking"
Next was the cafeteria guy. When I asked him how he is while taking the change, frankly speaking I was not expecting more food this time but a smile. But guess what I got. A smile and a tip for what was good for breakfast and last but not the least, more food. Yipeee. :P
Next were my colleagues, so after breakfast greeted my colleague with a smile and acknowledged the bugging work they do. And now we have started talking more in the cubicle. Earlier it was just brief point to point talk with plastic smiles.
Haw!! I am nailing it.
Then I spoke with a housekeeping lady of her routine and now she greets me whenever we cross each other. 
In short, people in oblivion till yesterday are now part of my life. Interesting, isnt it?!!
I felt it all to be insanely nice and it gave me immense pleasure.
And all I did was… appreciated the good and acknowledge the bad. 
I believe compliment or an acknowledgment has that power which brings best in the person… and one starts giving ones best unknowingly.
Probably that’s the reflex action to express his or her gratitude for the compliment.
 
Try it out yourself and share your findings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment